Brussels food truck festival attracts 60,000 visitors

Monday, 04 June 2018 20:50
Some 60,000 visitors attended the Fifth Brussels Food Truck Festival from Thursday to Sunday.
There were 80 stands at the event, held on Boulevard Albert II, according to its organisers who, this year, highlighted culinary diversity.

"We wish to make this a permanent rendezvous for food tasting in Brussels, at this astonishing and so suitable location,” said Fabrice Willot, president of the Brussels Food Truck Festival and of the European Food Truck Association. “Our ambition is to do even better next year by adding leisure activities, such as petanque.”

Some exhibitors received prizes on Sunday in various categories, namely the gourmet, local, Latino and oriental awards.

Exhibitors were invited to use biodegradable containers. At the end of the festival, volunteers from the Uccle Solidarity Refrigerator came to collect unsold food.

Last year, the event was held on the Tour & Taxis site and attracted 65,000 visitors. Organisers of this year’s edition had hoped to receive 100,000 visitors.

Maria Novak
The Brussels Times
Google Plus

More Stories

At least 166 Walloon communes hit by drought

At least 166 Walloon communes hit by drought

At least 166 Walloon communes were affected by an exceptional drought between 1 May and 1 August, according to data from the Royal Meteorological Institute (IRM), Wallonia’s Minister of Agriculture, René Collin, disclosed on Monday.

Nafissatou Thiam arrived home with her heptathlon gold medal on Sunday

Nafissatou Thiam arrived home with her heptathlon gold medal on Sunday

Nafissatou Thiam arrived home early Sunday afternoon, with a brand-new gold medal around her neck.

Major fire in Port of Antwerp triggers disaster plan

Major fire in Port of Antwerp triggers disaster plan

A major fire in the port of Antwerp has been brought under control, the port authority said, but could go on burning for the rest of the week.