Antwerp Pride marked by threats and record attendanceSunday, 12 August 2018 12:53
And he recalled an incident in Ghent earlier in the week in which two men were attacked with a bicycle lock and seriously injured by a man and a woman. Both attackers were arrested, but the woman was later released.
“What happened in Ghent shows that it’s still important to fight for equal treatment of gays and transgenders,” Eetezone said.
The festivities started on Thursday, culminating in the parade on Saturday. Taking part were city dignitaries, delegations from other cities and even police officers in uniform, carrying placards which read #proudtobeyourfriend.
During the parade, a 39-year-old man taking part was assaulted by two gay-bashers. Meanwhile earlier in the week another man posted threatening messages on Twitter. When police visited him at his home, they found Nazi paraphernalia and a number of illegal knives. The man claimed he was protesting at the closure of city streets to allow the parade to take place.
The Brussels Times
European Council President Donald Tusk said on Thursday that the European Union was ready for a final deal on Britain’s…
Belgium’s third bitcoin distributor will be available from Saturday in Ghent.
Given the almost tenfold increase of cocaine seized annually in the Port of Antwerp between 2013 and 2017, Customs is…
All motor vehicle taxes have increased over two years.