Science, Not Fiction is a series of events dealing with innovation and research organised by the European Liberal Forum.
The previous two events have been on the topics of hardware and digital innovation, and this upcoming third event of the series will be a discussion around the topic of medicine and biotechnology, which will be of interest if you are a professional working in this field.
This next event will take place in a hybrid format at the Renaissance Hotel in Brussels on November 18th and it will also be live-streamed here with The Brussels Times.
Who should attend this event?
- Representatives working in pharmaceutical and medical industries.
- Professionals working in policy from EU or international institutions.
- Professionals in biotechnology production.
- Representatives of patient and user associations.
- University researchers/academics in one of the fields mentioned above.
You are welcome to join this discussion to discover the scientific progress made by pharmaceuticals and biotech industries, taking the pulse of innovations in healthcare across Europe.
Is the EU doing what it should to truly promote innovation and enable medical advancement?
How do we capitalise on the rapid development of COVID-19 vaccines and their innovative spillover into new mRNA methods?
These and many more questions will be discussed and answered during this event, so if you are a professional working in the field, make sure to sign up here.
- Martin Schulz, PhD, Global Senior Medical Director, Gene Therapy Platform, Pfizer
- Šárka Shoup, PhD, Executive Director, Institute for Politics and Society & Board Member, European Liberal Forum.
- Annika Szabo Portela, PhD, Collaboration Lead & Deputy Director, EIT Health Scandinavia
- Maya Matthews, Head of Unit (DDG1.B1), Performance of national health systems, DG for Health and Food Safety (DG SANTE), European Commission
- Jean-Christophe Pagès, PhD, President, French High Council for Biotechnology (HCB) Scientific Committee& Professor, Cell Biology, CHU & Université Toulouse III
- Isabell Crasto De Stefano, Director, Government & Stakeholder Relations, EMEA, Spectrum Therapeutics, Canopy Growth.
- Alexander Natz, Secretary-General, EUCOPE.
- Remko Van Leeuwen, Founder & CEO, Madam Therapeutics and Board Member, BEAM Alliance.
About the European Liberal Forum
The European Liberal Forum (ELF) is the official political foundation of the European Liberal Party, the ALDE Party.
Together with 47 member organisations, they work all over Europe to bring new ideas into the political debate, to provide a platform for discussion, and to empower citizens to make their voices heard.
ELF was founded in 2007 to strengthen the liberal and democrat movement in Europe and their work is guided by liberal ideals and a belief in the principle of freedom. They stand for a future-oriented Europe that offers opportunities for every citizen.
ELF is engaged on all political levels, from the local to the European and bring together a diverse network of national foundations, think tanks and other experts. They are close to, but independent from, the ALDE Party and other Liberal actors in Europe.