Napoleon’s last headquarters, located at the Caillou Farm along the RN 5 in Vieux-Genappe, hosts on Sunday 13 October its first event, “Between time – the festival of local initiatives”.
The Emperor’s Market refers to the area’s history as the last headquarters of Napoleon at the Battle of Waterloo in 1815.
Before being transformed into a museum and provincial property, it was called the “Caillou Farm.”
Local Walloon Brabant producers and artisans will be present on 13 October from 10 am to 6 pm.
The “Between Time” festival honours natural products, homemade, local consumption and eco-friendly practices that avoid waste.
Workshops will be open to the public to learn how to make their own cosmetics, recycle used textiles or how to use wild plants.
Fun activities will also enable participants to bake their own bread on site or repair bicycles and small appliances.
More respectful eco-practices are now part of the new identity that the province of Walloon Brabant wants to give to Napoleon’s last HQ.
The Brussels Times