Het Laatste Nieuws receives a threatening letter referring to the Islamic State
    Share article:

    Het Laatste Nieuws receives a threatening letter referring to the Islamic State

    ©Belga
    ©Belga

    The office of the daily newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws has received an anonymous threatening letter. It said that in the eyes of the Islamic State (IS) organization, Belgium “is a target for car-bomb attacks”. The typed letter arrived by post on Tuesday. The letter is written in French, and “clearly shows Islamic State logic”, according to experts.

    The author(s)address(es) the Belgian population, Bart De Wever and King Philippe. The letter also refers to a video posted on the internet by the IS last week, in which Belgium, France and the United States are threatened.

    “What happened in France will happen in Belgium”, says the letter’s author. In the big cities or the countryside. “The IS will conquer Europe from Belgium”, it adds. “As you have put Sharia4Belgium on trial and are holding several of our Brothers prisoner”.

    The letter was seized by police.

    Maria Novak (Source: Belga)