Share article:

    A man poisoned after drinking detergent in a café in Ghent

    ©Belga
    ©Belga

    A man was poisoned after drinking detergent in a Ghent café, the Western Flanders Prosecutor’s Office said on Sunday. The victim asked for a glass of soda, but received a glass of the corrosive substance by accident.

    The café was temporarily closed. There is no evidence of deliberate foul play, the Prosecutor’s Office said. The early stages of the investigation have found that the drink was served by an employee that didn’t know the bottle was filled with detergent. The victim was taken to hospital, but his life is not in danger.

    Andy Sanchez (Soutce: Belga)