Share article:

    A house in Rochefort destroyed by fire

    A fire started in a family house in rue de Montagne in Rochefort a little before noon on Sunday. It started due to an electric fault, the Beauraing Fire chief Marc Léonard said.

    The fire stated in the back kitchen of the house.

    “The flames then quickly spread to the upper floor and the roof, which were completely destroyed. The house is no longer habitable as there is also extensive water damage”.

    2 people were inside when the fire started. They were an elderly couple, who are now staying with their son. Around a dozen firefighters attended the scene. Some of them were still there at around 2pm to start the clear up.

    Sarah Johansson (Source: Belga)