Terrorist threat – Securitas has already recruited more than 600 people this year
    Share article:

    Terrorist threat – Securitas has already recruited more than 600 people this year

    ©Belga
    ©Belga

    Security company Securitas has already recruited more than 600 people this year. That’s an increase of 25 – 30% compared to last year. Securitas said around 160 jobs are still available on Friday. The private security sector, which includes big players like Securitas and G4S, has seen demand for staff increase since the Brussels attacks on the 22nd of March. The demand has increased by 20% since the attacks, and it dropped to 10% three months later.

    In July, the Professional Association of Security Businesses (APEG) said the terrorist threat led to a 4.2% increase in recruitment for the private sector in 2015. APEG includes 80% of the actors in the sector. The figures for 2016 are not yet available, but the increase is expected to be bigger.

    The private security sector employed around 15,000 people at the end of 2015.

    Sarah Johansson (Source: Belga)