Man (27) who died in St-Gilles: link between attack and death not yet established
    Share article:

    Man (27) who died in St-Gilles: link between attack and death not yet established

    Rue de la Victoire fro, above. Credit: Wikipedia

    It remains unclear if the 27-year-old man, who died after a fight on Saturday night in rue de la Victoire in Saint-Gilles, died as a result of the blows he received, the Brussels Public Prosecutor’s Office said on Monday. 

    It was previously understood that the man died as a result of his injuries, but more recent information obtained by Bx1 has said a forensic doctor has been appointed to establish the causes of death.

    The unidentified man was found semi-conscious in Rue de la Victoire, in the Brussels municipality on Sunday night. His family have made an appeal for further information.

    “It is not yet established that he would have died as a result of the fight,” said Willemien Baert, spokesman for the Brussels Public Prosecutor’s Office, BX1 reports. “A forensic doctor was required to provide more clarity.”

    The Brussels Times