Fortaleza: a man suspected of shooting a Belgian in March is arrested
    Share article:

    Fortaleza: a man suspected of shooting a Belgian in March is arrested

    A man suspected of shooting the Belgian Filip Janssens on the 24th of March in Fortaleza, Brazil, has been taken into custody by the police, says the online Brazilian paper “O Povo”. The Belgian, who had been living in Brazil for ten years, was taken to hospital in a serious condition, and died three weeks later. He was running the restaurant “Bar e Restaurante Internacional” with a Dutch friend. The identity of the suspect thought to have gone into the establishment and shot the Belgian in the back has not been released. On the day of the incident, a man went into the restaurant and asked for a glass of water. The individual then became threatening, and fired in the Belgian’s direction. The suspect then fled without stealing anything. An accomplice was waiting for him on a motorbike, “O Povo” says.

    Authorities are expected to release more information during a press conference on Monday, according to “O Povo”. The investigation was done by the tourist police, as the incident took place in the tourist area of Beira Mar.

    Sarah Johansson (Source: Belga)