The lifeless body of a man in his forties was found at his home in Avenue Louise in Ixelles last Wednesday. The circumstances surrounding his death are considered suspicious, and an investigation has been opened, the Brussels Prosecutor’s office said on Sunday. This confirms information that appeared in La Dernière Heure.
The cause of death is not yet known.
The Prosecutor’s office has also said this death is not linked to other recent attacks in the Brussels region. These include a lawyer from Laeken, who was stabbed in his home last week.