Share article:

    Young woman poisoned due to fault in boiler

    A young woman was poisoned by carbon monoxide on Sunday night in Berchem-Sainte-Agathe, according to firefighters on the scene. The incident occurred due to a fault in the boiler in the victim’s bathroom.

    The emergency services were alerted Sunday around 17:30 that a young woman felt unwell after taking a bath. When paramedics entered the apartment, their carbon monoxide detector went off.

    The bathroom was immediately ventilated and the victim, who had lost consciousness, was taken to the hospital.

    Firefighters quickly established that the poisoning was due to a fault in the old boiler in the bathroom. Sibelga, the manager of the gas distribution network in the Brussels Region, came on site to seal the machine.

    The current state of the victim is not known at this time. 

    The Brussels Times