Share article:

    Evere residents saved from CO poisoning

    Google images
    Google images

    A Sibelga employee saved residents of an Evere house from Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning on Wednesday, firefighters said on Thursday. The worker from Sibelga was in a house on rue Pierre Van Obbergen in Evere to read the meter. When he got down to the cellar, his CO meter went off. He then warned firefighters who found that the gas burner was producing a large amount of CO at each start.

    A small amount of CO was recorded on the ground floor, but the inhabitants did not have sufficiently high levels of CO in their blood to require hospitalisation.

    The Sibelga employee was taken to the hospital for treatment.

    The Brussels Times