Man finally removed from Brussels crane after threatening to jump
Wednesday, 27 March 2019
The man who climbed a crane and threatened to jump off, was finally brought down at around 3 o’clock Wednesday morning. The man first climbed the crane early on Tuesday morning in the Brussels Wolstraat, near the Palace of Justice.
He is said not to have valid residence documents and has been made available to the Immigration Department, which now has to decide on his fate.
He had previously made it known that he had supplies and blankets to be able to stay up there for a prolonged period of time, according to reports.
The man says he is a former Algerian soldier and has been Belgium since 2003, according to BX1.