Belgian rail operator SNCB will once again adapt its train schedules for the Christmas holidays due to the expected decrease in passenger numbers.
On Fridays 24 and 31/12 some trains will not run or will run on an adapted route:
During the whole day:
- S9 Landen/Louvain- Brussels-Schuman – Braine-l’Alleud will only run between Landen/Louvain and Brussels-Luxembourg,
- S61 Charleroi-Sud – Tamines – Jambes will not run,
- S61 Wavre – Charleroi-Sud – Jambes trains run as scheduled,
- Most P trains – which run at peak times – will not run, with up to date information available on the app.
In the evening (from 6:00 PM), the following trains will not run:
- IC Antwerp-Luchtbal – Brussels – Charleroi-Sud
- S8 Zottegem – Brussels – Louvain-la-Neuve
- On 24/12, the trains L Athus – Rodange (LU) – Luxembourg (LU) only run until 20:00.
From Saturday 25/12 to Sunday 9/1:
- Most P trains do not run.
- Fewer IC trains between Antwerp and Brussels will run.
- Fewer S trains will run between:
- Mechelen and Hal (S5)
- Antwerp and Sint-Niklaas (S34)
On Saturdays 25/12 and 1/1, trains run on a Sunday schedule.
The temporary cancellation of 120 trains due to understaffing will also continue to apply during the holidays, Belga News Agency reports.
All timetable adjustments can be found on the SNCB travel planner via the app or the website.