Three workers at the logistics company Eurosports lost their lives in Beveren (Eastern Flanders) on Saturday. They were poisoned by Carbon Monoxide in the hold of a boat, the Beveren mayor Marc Van Vijver announced.
“While unloading a boat transporting coal, three dockers were fatally dosed by escaped vapours”, he stated. Fireman tried to save the three victims, to no avail.
“This is not the first boat full of coal that we have unloaded here. We need to find out where the mistake came from”, the mayor said, before expressing his condolences to the families of the three victims.