The ambition of the European Union is to be climate neutral by 2050 and the European refining industry supports this ambition.
The industry is transforming, and they have developed a comprehensive pathway of how, together with their partners, they can contribute to meeting the 2050 climate neutrality objective.
The transport sector is responsible for almost a quarter of Europe’s GHG emissions. To achieve the sector’s emission reductions, low carbon liquid fuels, also called ReFuels, will play a critical role in the energy transition and in achieving carbon neutrality in all transport modes. Therefore, alongside electrification and hydrogen technologies, low carbon liquid fuels will remain essential beyond 2050, bringing important benefits to the European economy and society.
FuelsEurope, in cooperation with external partners, have planned a series of webinars in key subjects such as sustainability, availability, efficiency, affordability, technology and policy. The ReFuelsWeek will take place between May 31st and June 14th.
Each session will propose a 75-90 minutes deep dive in the topic with experts and key stakeholders. Following the introductions and presentations by experts, industry or sector representative, the moderator will open the floor to the audience for a compelling Q&A session to answer all your questions.
The programme is split into seven sections and will feature sessions about low carbon liquid fuels:
- Session 1 – Monday May 31st 15:15 to 16:30: The benefits of an EU strategy for liquid fuels?
- Session 2 – Tuesday June 1st 12:00 to 13:15: The science & technologies behind low carbon liquid fuels (in partnership with Concawe)
- Session 3 – Thursday June 3rd 15:15 to 16:30: Liquid fuels in the bio-economy (in partnership with Copa-Cogeca)
- Session 4 – Monday June 7th 10:00 to 11:15: A win-win situation for climate and jobs (in partnership with Clepa and IndustriAll)
- Session 5 – Wednesday June 9th 10:00 to 11:30: Feedstock availability and sustainability review (in partnership with eFuel Alliance, ePure, European Biodiesel Board & Ewaba)
- Session 6 – Friday June 11th 10:00 to 11:15: Ensuring social inclusiveness (in partnership with IndustriAll)
- Session 7 – Monday June 14th 10:00 to 11:15: What impact on urban air quality? (in partnership with AECC)
Check the full programme and register here.