The Summer Olympic Games are set to return this week in Tokyo after being postponed last year due to the pandemic.
Here are some quick facts about the Olympic Games.
1. The first Olympic Games took place in Greece in 776 B.C.
2. The Olympic Games were canceled in 393 A.D. and didn’t restart for over 1,500 years.
3. The first summer Olympics only had 14 participating countries.
4. The Olympic gold medals were made of solid gold until 1912.
5. The Olympic symbol was designed by Baron Pierre de Coubertin and includes colours found on flags of all participating nations.
The Brussels Times