The construction of the apartment building that was planned in Namur close to where a landslide occurred late November should resume early in 2020, the Developer Diversis Group announced on Wednesday.
Following a meeting on Wednesday with stability experts, the site’s security is now guaranteed. “The monitoring analysis has confirmed the stabilization of the slope,” the Group said. “It will be levelled in the coming weeks and a protective layer will be put in place. A tree threatens to fall but represents no danger to the construction site or to the neighbourhood.”
“Of course, stability studies had been conducted with the utmost professionalism, but even stronger vigilance will be now reinforced,” Director Boris Salvador stressed. “A committee of stability experts is now formed, and we make the commitment today to ensure that all of this site’s operational phases will be previously validated.”
An information meeting for local residents will be organized before the work restarts.
Traffic on rue Saint-Martin is back to normal since Saturday, but surrounding woods on the Citadel site remain closed for now. The security perimeter could however be reduced in the coming days, Commanding Officer of NAGE safety zone Pierre Bocca said.
The Brussels Times