On Sunday evening, a woman in her twenties was taken into hospital after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning at an apartment in the Brussels municipality of Schaerbeek.
At around 23:35, emergency services were called to a flat on Chaussée de Haecht with a person reportedly falling ill; upon entering the property, the ambulance crew's carbon monoxide detector was triggered.
Additional medical personnel and firefighters were dispatched to the scene with the victim being immediately evacuated.
- Fire breaks out at Molengeek tech space in Brussels
- Powder envelope delivered to EU Commission was false alarm
The tenant (a woman in her twenties) was taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning though doctors have given assurances that her condition is not critical.
The cause of the poisoning was a malfunction of an individual gas boiler, but all of the other boilers in the building were said to be functioning normally.