Building evacuated in Saint-Gilles after electrical issues and gas leak
Share article:
Share article:

Building evacuated in Saint-Gilles after electrical issues and gas leak

Bx1
Bx1

A building had to be evacuated in Saint-Gilles on Wednesday night due to highs level of Carbon Monoxide (CO) in the air. Firefighters were deployed to the scene around 8:45 PM in rue Felix Delhasse, where an electrical problem and a malfunction of the cables under the sidewalk had led to the situation, according to BX1. 

The fire brigade and Sibelga were on the streets of Saint-Gilles until 11:30 PM. Due to the malfunction, Sibelga had to cut off the power for several hours.

A building had to be evacuated for a few hours because a high level of CO had been detected. The situation is now resolved.

The Brussels Times