Building evacuated in Saint-Gilles after electrical issues and gas leak
    Share article:

    Building evacuated in Saint-Gilles after electrical issues and gas leak

    Bx1
    Bx1

    A building had to be evacuated in Saint-Gilles on Wednesday night due to highs level of Carbon Monoxide (CO) in the air. Firefighters were deployed to the scene around 8:45 PM in rue Felix Delhasse, where an electrical problem and a malfunction of the cables under the sidewalk had led to the situation, according to BX1. 

    The fire brigade and Sibelga were on the streets of Saint-Gilles until 11:30 PM. Due to the malfunction, Sibelga had to cut off the power for several hours.

    A building had to be evacuated for a few hours because a high level of CO had been detected. The situation is now resolved.

    The Brussels Times