Jan Fabre accused of inappropriate behaviour in open letterThursday, 13 September 2018 17:16
Eight of the complainants signed the open letter with their names, while the others remained anonymous.
Jan Fabre was also accused of humiliating women during practice sessions with “painful and often openly sexist criticism”. Some of the signatories said they had been victims of these practices, while others said they had witnessed them.
They explained that they had decided to go public after failed attempts to discuss their complaints with Jan Fabre at Troubleyn.
The signatories were also offended by an interview in which the artist said he had never noticed any problems related to transgressive sexual behaviour in 40 years of collaboration. However, at least six members of the Troubleyn staff left the company in the past two years for this reason, according to the document.
Fabre and Troubleyn rejected the criticisms on the Internet site of rekto:verso, stressing that he never forced anyone to do things they consider beyond their limits. They also regretted being subjected to a media trial without any possibility of defending themselves and denied any inappropriate behaviour.
The Brussels Times
The California-based start-up Lime announced on Friday the launch of its electric scooter service in Brussels and Antwerp.
Infrabel, the infrastructure manager and operator of the Belgian railway network, is taking five suppliers to court because they had…
Patients can now consult medical or dental prescriptions on Masanté, the online portal enabling access to an entire range of…
Former minister Steven Vanackere (pictured) has been confirmed as the new director of the board of the National Bank (NBB)…