Discreet births are no solution - Mothers for MothersWednesday, 27 September 2017 19:20
Thus far 13 infants have been found in the baby box set up in Antwerp’s Borgerhout district in 2000, including four this year. “By 2012, there had been three, then none the following year, so it’s not easy to identify trends,” says Mrs. Beyer.
“Based on the calls received on our hotline, we have found out that many mothers with nowhere to turn come from outside the Antwerp region,” she adds. “Most are even French-speaking.”
“That’s why we regret that the initiative in Brussels has been criticized so much. The babies that are deposited in the box are, almost always, less than 24 hours old. A mother from the Charleroi area therefore has to jump into a car just after giving birth to come all the way to Antwerp. That increases the risk of her opting for a solution that is closer, but much riskier.”
Of the 13 children left in the baby box in Antwerp, at least one mother came back on her decision, Katrin Beyer explained, adding that in the other cases, a form of contact was established.
The Brussels Times
Questioned about the fact that he had told the investigating judge that he would speak in the Assise Court, terror…
A former gendarme from the Dendermonde brigade who worked on the Brabant killings, Philippe V---, was called in for questioning…
Approximately one hundred people took part on Wednesday in the commemoration service in Dendermonde for the massacre carried out by…
The Gaming Commission has decided to start sanction proceedings against Betway, report De Tijd, Le Soir and Knack on Wednesday.